Actually organising a lease online has become far easier for customers as the quality of our industry’s systems and processes have improved. For stock vehicles, customers can receive their new vehicle within 10-14 days of ordering it with a credit broker.
Unlike traditional methods of driving around different dealerships, test-driving cars, meeting with business managers and considering various quotes, a days’ work can easily be managed within 2-3 hours. This is not to say a more personal method is incorrect; just that in an age where time is poor and customers need decisions more immediately, the lease car credit broker model works efficiently and succinctly.
In terms of a process, customers can expect to go through some if the stages below:
1. Enquire on a car – select the car (or cars) required and identify a profile. The term, annual mileage and position on maintenance will influence the cost you pay per month. To confirm, there is no set price or cost for a vehicle. Every variation of vehicle and profile necessities a bespoke quotation to meet your needs and requirements;
2. Credit Proposal – once you have agreed a deal on a specific vehicle you MUST undertake a full credit check with the selected finance company. Contract hire is not suitable for those customers with poor or adverse credit;
3. Sign your order form – after you have been approved for credit, the credit broker or finance company, will be in a position to organise the vehicle order with you. You should receive an order form from them which will set out the full details of the vehicle, any additional manufacturer or dealer-fitted options, the term, profile and excess mileage plus any specific terms and conditions. At this point, do review everything to make sure this accurately reflects the contract and vehicle you require (also bear in mind any cancellation costs after any cooling-off periods have expired);
4. Vehicle ordered – when you have completed the above, the credit broker or finance company will order the vehicle with the selected franchised-dealer. At this point, the arrival date for your vehicle can be confirmed; it will either be stock, allocation or fresh factory order;
5. Finance documents – as we work alongside a select number of finance companies, they each have specific terms/conditions/approaches to the process. In most cases now, they will operate “e-docs”, which means the finance documents are emailed to you for online approval. This process is often very quick and very easy. After signing the documents, the vehicle can be released for delivery;
6. Vehicle delivery – your credit broker (or finance company) will organise delivery of the vehicle to your home or business address. The vehicles are often “driven” to you. Do not presume the vehicle will be transported to you. At the point of delivery, you will inspect the vehicle to ensure it meets the description on the order form/both sets of keys present/handbook and service book present. To confirm all of this, you sign a delivery note which will effectively set the vehicle live; and
7. Contract commences – the initial rental (deposit) will be taken 7-10 days AFTER delivery. The monthly rentals will then follow until contract cessation.
While there are some minor variations to the process, this is often the backbone of most transactions. With much of this being achieved via a couple of telephone calls and/or emails, this is now a simple process.
Learn more about leasing in our help and advice pages or be sure to read real lease car reviews in our blog. You can also contact a member of the lease team here @CarLease UK to talk more about the options and on the day lease deals.
CarLease (UK) Ltd t/a CarLease UK, e-car lease and VanLease UK is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority – our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 706617.
Carlease (UK) Ltd t/a CarLease UK, e-car lease, VanLease UK and School Minibus Leasing UK is a credit broker and not a lender and will introduce you to a limited number of finance providers which have been carefully selected by us - please note that we do not provide independent financial advice. The finance providers that we use may make payment to us if you elect to enter into an agreement with them. The amount we receive will affect what you pay for your vehicle. The commission received may or may not be capped in accordance with that finance company’s policy. We may also receive an extra amount based on how much business we provide to that finance company, the types of products you take from the finance company and the quality of our service. For Regulated Customers you can ask us about the payments we receive from the finance company so long as this is in good time before the agreement is made. Failure to maintain rentals may result in the vehicle being withdrawn (this may affect your credit).
All images on this website are for illustrative purposes only and may not reflect the actual vehicle which is delivered to you. All prices shown are subject to change at any time and are subject to credit status and vehicle availability.
FRN 706617 | BVRLA Membership No. 1471 | Data Protection Reg. ZA088399 | VAT No. 200422089 | Registered in England 09312506
Our Registered Office - Kings Business Centre, Warrington Road, Leigh, Greater Manchester, WN7 3XG
Copyright 2021 © CarLease (UK) Ltd. All Rights Reserved
CarLease (UK) Ltd work alongside the select finance companies:
CarLease (UK) Ltd have a partnership and affiliation with: